Attorney in Kyiv Ukraine: call to get legal advice
According to the Article 3 of the Law of Ukraine "On the legal status of foreigners and stateless persons", foreigners and stateless persons who are in Ukraine on legal grounds have the same rights and freedoms and bear the same duties as citizens of Ukraine, with exceptions established by the Constitution, laws or international treaties of Ukraine. Foreigners and stateless persons who are under the jurisdiction of Ukraine, regardless of the legality of their stay, have the right to recognition of their legal personality and fundamental human rights and freedoms. Foreigners and stateless persons are obliged to strictly adhere to the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, other normative legal acts, not to encroach on the rights and freedoms, honor and dignity of other people, the interests of society and the state.
Also, according to the p.2 Article 22 the above mentioned Law, a foreigner or stateless person is not allowed to leave Ukraine if:
- he has been notified of a suspicion of committing a criminal offense or a criminal case is being considered by a court - until the end of the criminal proceedings;
- he has been convicted of a criminal offense - until serving the sentence or being released from the sentence;
- his departure is contrary to the interests of ensuring the national security of Ukraine - until the termination of the circumstances preventing the departure.
P.1 Article 23 of the Law of Ukraine "On the legal status of foreigners and stateless persons" stipulates that illegal migrants and other foreigners and stateless persons who have committed criminal, administrative or other offenses are liable in accordance with the law.
In order to prevent legal troubles, it's better to hire an attorney.
The advantages of hiring of an attorney are the following:
- saving of time;
- avoiding of unnecessary expenditures;
- prevention of abuse from the state authorities;
- the opportunity to realize your rights.
Please, also see the article Rights of suspect, accused in Ukraine