Divorce of foreigners in Ukraine: how to legalize certificate of marriage

According to judicial practice of Ukraine there are a lot of refusals to make divorce between foreigners based on the grounds of the lack of legalization of the certificate of marriage. 

Therefore, before applying to the court in order to divorce you have to legalize a certificate of marriage issued in a certain country. Otherwise, your application to the court regarding divorce will be rejected.

In Ukraine, you have to legalize a certificate of marriage according to Instructions on the procedure for consular legalization of official documents in Ukraine and abroad, approved by the Order of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine № 113 dated 04.06.2002.

Please see the example of the decision of the Podil district court of Kyiv when the court refused to make divorce without proper legalization ot the certificate of marriage (in Ukrainian): 

For more details, you can call: +38-097-752-51-77, write on email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or book an appointment to visit my cabinet by the following address: 01001, Taras Shevchenko Lane 4, room 21, Kyiv (01001, провулок Тараса Шевченка, 4, каб. 21, Київ)

Please, also see the article: Family lawyer in Kyiv will help you to protect family rights


Work schedule:

from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.